Saturday 17 May 2014

Saturday 9 (Vacation)

  

                           Vacation

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Vacation (1982)
Join in with the meme here

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here. 

1) Do you know how to water ski?   I can't even roller skate so water's got no chance with me......!

2) Do you have 2014 vacation plans?   None.  I usually try to fit in a trip to London to visit my daughter but never in the summer.  Too stuffy and hot then.  Mind you,  I have my stepson's wedding this July - health permitting. That's in London, too.  Yikes!

3) Do you have a passport?   No, but the kids do.

4) If you took a 7-night cruise, could you completely unplug -- no phone calls, no texts, no internet?  Easily.

5) Do you own a travel alarm clock?  No. Sleep and travel rarely mix for me.

6) Though the Go-Gos broke up in 1985, they frequently reunite for live performances. What's the last concert you attended?  Hotel India @ King Tut's. My son's the drummer.

7) Their first hit was "Our Lips Are Sealed."  Can you be trusted with a secret?  Absolutely. Only in extreme circumstances would I break a confidence.

8) In 1982, when this song was popular, the comedy Tootsie was in theaters. What movie makes you laugh? 
Drop Dead Fred starring Rik Mayall and Phoebe Cates. It's about a unhappy woman whose imaginary friend from childhood reappears to help her failing marriage. 
 
9) Sam is chewing on a Tums as she composes these questions. What's the last over-the-counter medication that you took?  I bought some menthol crystals for my face sauna to help a stuffy nose. 
*************************************************************** 
 

2 comments:

CountryDew said...

Sounds like you might need to get a passport soon! I would love to go to London.

The Gal Herself said...

That sounds like the best remedy for a stuffy nose.